Here’s a healthy twist on shrimp scampi.
We left out the butter and loaded the dish up with red peppers and asparagus for a refreshing spring meal.
Serve with quinoa.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.
- Serving size: 3 oz. shrimp, 1½ cups vegetables & 3 Tbsp. sauce
- Per serving: 182 calories;6 g fat(1 g sat); 4 g fiber; 12 g carbohydrates; 20 g protein; 232 mcg folate; 143 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 4,055 IU vitamin A; 120 mg vitamin C; 97 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 1,091 mg sodium; 622 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (200% daily value), Vitamin A (81% dv), Folate (58% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
was taken from website called Eatwell Website click here