Each year, CLBC’s WOW! Awards recognize the contributions and innovations of people who are working to build communities that are accepting of all abilities. This year CLBC is asking all British Columbians to nominate employers who are helping to build workplaces where the adults CLBC serves feel welcome, valued and respected.
Nominees should be an employer who:
- creates opportunities for employees with developmental disabilities
- sees the skills of an employee and does not let an individual’s disability become a barrier to success in the workplace
- listens to the ideas of the employee and wants them to be successful
- believes that everyone who wants to work has a right to be employed
- makes everyone feels safe and welcome at their job
There will be three WOW!clbc Awards given across BC. Award recipients will receive their award in their home town in January/February 2015.
You can click here to learn more and to fill out an online nomination form. Printed copies of the nomination form are available in all CLBC offices as well. The deadline to submit an application is 5:00pm on Sunday, November 30, 2014.