The Community Living BC (CLBC) and the BC Government Employees’ and Service Employees’ Union (BCGEU) scholarship fund benefits adults being served by CLBC across the province.
Successful applicants can receive up to $2,500 each to attend job-related skills training, post-secondary courses or community recreation activities.
You can submit an application from:
February 15, 2018 to March 31, 2018
Please note that the application requires personal details and information. CLBC will ensure individuals’ privacy and security of personal information is safeguarded.
- CLBC-eligible individuals who are 19 or over
- The applicant must have already explored other possible sources of funding
- The funds will be distributed equally by CLBC’s five regions (South Fraser, Southern Interior, Thompson Cariboo & North, Vancouver Coastal, Vancouver Island)
- The maximum amount that one person can receive is $2,500
- Funds must be used between May 2018 and April 2019 and only for the course or activity you have included on this application form (Scholarship funds may be released later than May, and can be applied retroactively to courses taken between May 2018 and the time funds are received).
- Scholarship funds are used for supporting skills training related to employment, courses offered by accredited B.C. institutions, indirect costs associated with attending post-secondary education (for example, tuition, books or supplies) and community activities that promote quality of life and new skills (for example, an art class or a cooking class).
How to Apply:
To apply for the CLBC / BCGEU Scholarship:
Please be sure to complete all of the questions and provide as much information about your request as possible to assist the selection committee with the screening process.
If you use the hard-copy application form, you can mail your completed application to the address below or drop it off at your local CLBC office:
CLBC / BCGEU Scholarship Committee
7th floor, 1200 West 73rd Avenue
Vancouver, BC, V6P 6G5
If you need help in filling out this form, please contact your local CLBC office or ask a friend, family or support worker.
If you need more space to complete your answers, please write on a blank piece of paper and attach it to your application.
If you would like to submit additional documents (such as a resume, profile, personal plan or any more information you want to include), please attach them to the application form.
Send an email to CLBCInfo@gov.bc.ca or call 1-877-660-2522