February 25 – February 26
SESSION INFO: « Back to all events
Join us February 25th and 26th, 2021 for a series of online (Zoom) workshops BY self-advocates FOR self-advocates.
Register just once to get access to all workshops and presentations. Tickets are free for all self-advocates and people with disabilities in British Columbia.
Our rights and wellness are connected! At BCPF, we get lots of questions about the rights people have, how to use technology, how to run a self-advocate group, about advocacy help, how to stay positive, plus more. We want to answer people’s questions and help people learn as much as we can. All the presentations at our conference are taught by self-advocates with expert experience and amazing skills to share.
Thanks for joining us! The expected schedule is listed here, the finalized schedule will be set by mid-February.
Thursday, February 25th, 2021:
- 11:00AM – Keynote Speaker & Self-Advocacy Panel
- 1:00 PM – Digital Literacy Tips & Tricks
- 3:00 PM – Free To Be Me – Know Yourself, Trust Yourself, Love Yourself, Be Yourself
Friday, February 26th, 2021:
- 11:00AM – How to Run a Meeting & Self-Advocacy Group Best Practices
- 1:00PM – Deinstitutionalization & Community Housing
- 3:00PM – CRPD Information & Training
- 7:00PM – BCPF Member Social & 2021 Award Ceremony
*Times listed are PST
*All presentations will be 45 mins-1 hour
This conference is for BCPF Members, friends, and supporters; people with intellectual disabilities in British Columbia; people who identify as self-advocates; and people who love learning. You don’t have to be a member of BC People First but we welcome you to join. Sign up as a Member here, it’s free: https://form.jotform.com/200757657191057
The login links for presentations will be emailed to you the week of the conference.