Hosted by: Autism Society of BC
Date: January 27th and 28th, 2018
Location: Abbotsford Sprott Shaw, 1 – 33655 Essendene Ave, Abbotsford (Click for map)
Registration: $100 for AutismBC members and $125 for Non Members (Click here to register)
Join us for a two-day training workshop on the implementation of autism behaviour plans.
You will leave this course with knowledge and practical tools you can use in the classrooms, or home environment.
Past attendees have included, parents, community group leaders, students, educators, classroom assistants and
other individuals who work with/support children with an ASD diagnosis. Upon completion of this 2-day course you will be sent a certificate to confirm your attendance.
This course counts towards 14hrs of BI training.
Topics to be covered each day include:
- Core elements of discrete trial teaching
- Functions and behaviour
- Reinforcement techniques
- Prompting techniques
- Process of teaching from introductory to generalization to mastery
- The process of accurate data collection
- Antecedent and established operations
- Reinforcement assessment of preference
- Token economics
- Prompting and prompt-fading strategies
- Teaching techniques
- Analysis of data
- Peer play facilitation
- Maintenance and generalization of learned skills
For more information please contact Autism Society of BC by calling 604-434-0880