Selfadvocatenet.com Recipe July,2019 Special Edition For Canada Day
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 11X17-inch baking pan with 1-inch high sides.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat one egg at a time into the butter mixture; beat in sour cream and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. With mixer at low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk just until combined.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and finish mixing with a rubber spatula. Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to corners of pan and smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool cake completely, about 30 minutes.
- To remove cake from pan, run a paring knife between cake and pan. Cover cake pan with plate or cooling rack; invert to transfer cake onto plate.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; slowly pour in cream. Once cream is incorporated, turn mixer speed to medium-high; beat until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over top and sides of cake, smoothing the top.
- Place 2 to 3 rows of overlapping strawberry slices parallel to short sides of cake for the two red stripes of the Canada flag.
- Trace out a maple leaf shape in center of cake with a toothpick; use points of strawberry slices to create points of maple leaf.
- Cut a strip of strawberry for the leaf stem; fill in the area of the maple leaf with sliced strawberries. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.
How to make a Canada Day Cake
This Recipe on website called AllRecipes.com go to there website click here