CLBC’s Board of Directors will have a position available starting July 1, 2014 and they want self advocates to consider applying for the position. The application deadline is April 30, 2014.
The successful person will add to the skills and expertise of CLBC’s Board of Directors. The following skills and experience are of particular interest for this position:
- knowledge of issues facing the self-advocacy community in British Columbia and the ability to communicate those issues at board meetings
- ability to work independently
- experience as a member of a Community Council, non-profit board or local committee;
- experience working with others who share goals and issues of importance
- experience in working with others to help build more inclusive communities
- understand what is involved in developing personal support networks for adults who live with a developmental disability
- understand what is involved in creating employment opportunities for adults who live with a developmental disability
- ability to speak to groups of people
CLBC has provided a list of answers to questions that you may have about the position. You can see those answers by clicking this link.
Would you like to apply for this position? You can visit this job position page here, and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page, under the title “Process for Submitting Expressions of Interest”.
Please remember the job application deadline is April 30, 2014.