Community Living BC warmly welcomes Tom Christensen as the new chair of its board of directors, along with six new board members. The new appointments were recently announced by B.C. government to replace members who had completed their terms.
Christensen brings strong experience to his role, having served as minister responsible for CLBC from 2006 – 2009.
He is a lawyer, has served on a range of community organizations, and also served as MLA for Okanagan Vernon from 2001-2009.
Also appointed to CLBC’s board are
- Dave Babych, former NHL player, associate director of player development for the Vancouver Canucks
- Joanne Curry, associate vice-president of external relations with Simon Fraser University
- David Everett, president of the Duncan Group of Properties
- Jane Holland, past advocate for service quality
- Mona Murray, founder and president of Sheridan Property Management
Ongoing board members include:
- Onkar Biring
- Diane Friedman
- Elizabeth Hunt
- Roberta Kjelson
- Eileen Stewart
For more information, visit CLBC’s web site here.
CLBC is grateful for the dedication of those who recently completed their terms, including departing chair Denise Turner and members Mark Duncan, Norah Flaherty, Arn Van Iersel, Ernie Malone and John McCulloch.