Hosted by: Adoptive Families Association of BC
Date: November 19th and 26th, 2018 9:30AM – 12noon
Location: Adoptive Families Association of BC office, Room #105 – 7342 Winston Street, Burnaby (Click for map)
Registration: Required due to the limited number of seats
About the Workshop: Our Connections for Life workshops will increase awareness and understanding amongst youth workers in community agencies regarding the needs of young people aging out of foster care – for developing support networks and reconnecting with biological family.
By participating in our two workshops, participants will:
- Gain perspective and understanding of the need for youth to develop long term support networks as they move into their adult lives.
- Learn strategies to help youth build networks of unpaid individuals who will commit to being part of the youth’s life into the future, and;
- Understand the importance of connection to biological family, and learn strategies to help youth re-engage with their biological families in a way that is safe
- November 19, 9:30am-12pm: Building a Lifetime Support Network
- November 26, 9:30am-12pm: Exploring Reconnection with Birth Family
For more information please contact the Adoptive Families Association of BC at 604-320-7330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org