Selfadvocatenet.com Special Valentine Recipe For Month of Feb 2018
Recipe By:Laria Tabul at allrecipe.com
“This recipe makes 17- 3 inch sandwich cookies and 17 – 1 1/2 inch heart shaped cookies.
You’ll need a 3-inch heart shaped cutter and a 1 1/2-inch heart shaped cutter.
Frost with Pink Valentine Frosting (see recipe).”
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and confectioners’ sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extract. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; blend into the butter mixture.
- Divide dough into thirds and shape into balls.
- Working with 1/3 of dough at a time, roll out dough into desired thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- For each heart sandwich cookie, cut out 2 3-inch hearts. Cut out the center of ONE of the 3-inch hearts with the 1 1/2-inch cutter.
- Place each piece separately on an ungreased cookie sheet, 1 – 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated, 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until lightly browned (7-8 minutes for 1/4 inch thick cookies).
- Cool completely on wire rack. Frost bottom cookie with Pink Valentine Frosting and place an open centered cookie on top to form the sandwich. Also frost the small 1 1/2 inch hearts and serve as separate cookies.