On behalf of the board and staff at CLBC, we want to wish you a very happy and safe holiday season. Thank you for all your contributions and hard work this year! We are very grateful for our partnerships with the self advocacy community and look forward to working together in 2015.
Here are a few updates:
NEW STORIES ON BC SELF ADVOCATE NET
CLBC continues to be a proud sponsor of BC’s Self Advocate Net website. Visit the links below for recent articles:
- It’s just a different way of viewing the world by Tara Torme
- A tribute to Jim Flaherty by Krystian Shaw
- Employment success story by Julie Williams
RESOURCES ON AGING AND DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY
We are pleased to share with you new information on aging on the CLBC website. The site has over 60 different articles, resources and links to organizations that support and provide information for adults with developmental disabilities and their families who are getting older. Click here to visit the site.
CLBC CELEBRATES INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
December 3 marked the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. This annual celebration promotes the importance of inclusion of people with diverse abilities in every aspect of community. Click here to hear a message from Seonag thanking our volunteers and partners who work hard to promote the diverse abilities of all British Columbians.
Other highlights celebrating December 3 include:
- A commentary by Seonag published in the Vancouver Sun: A challenge for B.C. businesses on International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- An announcement by Minister of Social Development and Social Innovation Don McRae on earnings exemptions
- Proclamation by the City of Victoria
- Emergency Awareness event in Victoria hosted by Self Advocates for a Brighter Future and the South Island Community Council
If you have any questions related to these or any other CLBC initiatives, please feel free to respond directly to this email.
In the spirit of the season, take a moment to watch this Global BC TV holiday season story about the contributions one inspiring young man served by CLBC is making in his community.
On behalf the CLBC Board of Directors and our staff across the province, please accept our thanks for all you do, and our sincere best wishes for a safe and happy holiday season.
Seonag Macrae Jessica Humphrey
CEO Self Advocate Advisor
Community Living BC Community Living BC