Selfadvocatenet.com Recipes for the month of December Special Edition
Holly Christmas Cookies
- 1 (16 ounce) package large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 4 1/2 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together the marshmallows, butter, vanilla, and food coloring. Mix in the cornflakes cereal.
- Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper, and decorate with red hots. Set aside, and allow to cool.
This Recipe is on website called AllRecipes Go to this link directly Click Here
Chef John’s Roast Christmas Goose
- 1 whole smoked goose
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 whole star anise
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup blackberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove top wing flat section from each wing. Place goose, breast-side up, in a baking dish or roasting pan.
- Combine wing sections, water, wine, and star anise in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until meat falls off the bone, about 2 hours. Remove bones and star anise; discard.
- Roast goose in the preheated oven until completely heated through, about 1 1/4 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 150 degrees F (66 degrees C).
- Stir balsamic vinegar, blackberry jam, and black pepper into red wine mixture; bring to simmer over medium heat. Simmer until reduced by three quarters, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in cold butter until completely incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush melted goose fat from bottom of pan onto the goose breast. Drizzle with sauce and serve
This Recipe is on website called AllRecipes website go to link directly Click Here