Inclusion 2019, our 43rd annual learning event, will be held in beautiful Victoria, BC from May 23-25 at the Victoria Conference Centre.
We’re proud to co-host with Community Living Victoria, one of our longest-standing members and Victoria’s largest non-profit community living services provider on Vancouver Island.
Keynote speakers and presentations include:
Call for proposals are now open!
Be a part of Inclusion 2019! Share your knowledge and experience as a workshop presenter. Inspire change, spark dialogue, generate new ideas, deepen the learning.
Partner with us as we host BC’s premier learning event on intellectual disability, inclusion and human rights.
Inclusion 2019 will bring together more than 600 people from across the province to network, share, celebrate and learn about best practice and innovation in inclusion, diversity and human rights.
People with intellectual disabilities, community support workers, family members, educators and executives will have the opportunity to connect with products and services that are helping make our communities inclusive, welcoming and accessible.
Inclusion 2019 by the numbers
- More than 600 delegates from across BC and Canada
- 50+ education sessions with engaging dialogue and hands-on learning
- 20+ tradeshow exhibitors showcasing the latest products and services
- Dedicated and casual networking opportunities
Become an Inclusion BC partner with a variety of sponsorship opportunities:
- Keynote speakers
- Events and networking breaks
- Marketing materials
Want to learn more? Get in touch!
Call for proposals now open
Be a part of Inclusion 2019 in beautiful Victoria, BC. Share your knowledge and experience as a workshop presenter.
Inspire change, spark dialogue, generate new ideas, deepen the learning. We are seeking workshop proposals and presentations on these key themes:
- Inclusive Education
- Community Inclusion Supports
Within these key themes, we’re looking for insights that advance inclusion, starting with the individual and moving up from our grassroots to the global inclusion movement:
- Personal development: Advancing individual wellbeing, inclusion and empowerment through improved health and wellness, sexuality, social and community engagement, leadership and financial security.
- Professional development: Advancing inclusion through innovation, best practices and enhanced partnerships.
- Community development: Strengthening the grassroots capacity of families, groups and communities to work collaboratively, drive change and support inclusion
- Advocacy: Advancing our global advocacy movement by deepening our shared understanding of challenges and solutions and identifying tools and strategies to build a stronger and more effective voice for inclusion.
Sessions are 60-minute interactive, participatory
We are interested in presentations that:
- Reflect the use of person-first or identity-first language
- Reflect the full inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of community life
- Make every attempt to address First Nations and Aboriginal communities, multicultural communities, LGBTQ communities
- Address accessibility and universal design so that all attendees may participate fully Promote evidence-based practices to attain full inclusion in all aspects of society, and Promote Inclusion BC’s advocacy and issues.
Submit your proposal on the form below.
If you have questions about this call for proposals, please contact Karen DeLong, email@example.com, 604-777-9100 x 530.
Deadline for Proposal Submissions: January 31, 2019.
Go to Inclusion BC website more information on this event click here