Since 2009, Faith has played a critical role in the growth and success of the organization, and while we will miss her, we wish her the best of luck in her new endeavor as Executive Director of the Canadian Mental Health Association, Saskatoon Branch.
We want to thank her for the 9 years of dedicated service which involved many significant accomplishments, some of which included:
- Led a successful rebranding campaign that resulted in a new name and renewed vision, purpose and mission;
- Established a formal way for families and individuals to belong as members of Inclusion BC;
- Developed innovative business solutions to ensure the long-term sustainability of our federation and our organization, such as Clothes Drop and tenant services;
- Secured funding to expand our community advocacy program;
- Nurtured and prioritized relationships, community engagement and collaboration, increasing our capacity to meet the needs of people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
Under Faith’s leadership, Inclusion BC has become one of the most respected, influential and prominent human rights organizations in BC.
Again, we cannot thank Faith enough for the dedication, passion, enthusiasm and motivation she has given Inclusion BC over the past 9 years. She will be greatly missed by the staff, Board, members and community partners alike. We look forward to following the success of her career and are hopeful and excited for the next chapter of Inclusion BC as we continue to build a world where we all belong.
Karla Verschoor has been appointed as Acting Executive Director by the Board to lead the organization through this time of transition. This will provide strong continuity as the board reviews its options and needs over the next six months.
Karla has been with Inclusion BC for over 12 years in various roles, most recently as Associate Executive Director.
If you have any questions or concerns during this transition process, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at email@example.com.
Fiona Whittington-Walsh, Chair, Board of Directors, Inclusion BC
inclusion bc website from
Date and Time
Tue, June 26, 2018
4:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
Hilton Vancouver Metrotown – Crystal Ballroom
6083 McKay Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5H 2W7