Selfadvocatenet.com Special Valentines for Month of Feb 2018
Recipe By:Toree at allrecipe.com site
“Excellent lobster pasta . . . lobster lovers that love Italian dig in! Perfect for Valentines Day!”
- 1 large (2 pound) fresh lobster
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the lobster and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until bright red.
- As soon as the lobster starts cooking, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and 3 cloves of garlic. Cook and stir just to release the liquid.
- Do not let them brown.
- When the lobster comes out of the pot, place it on a cutting board and use a big knife to cut it in half lengthwise.
- Place the halves meaty side down into the skillet with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil and season with a little salt. Add the spaghetti and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender.
- If you want to save time and a pot, you could boil the pasta in the lobster water since it is already boiling, just add salt.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet and turn the heat up to high to bring to a boil.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Cook, stirring constantly for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the cream, stirring constantly. The sauce will become a nice pink color.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. Keep warm, stirring occasionally until the pasta is done.
- Drain the spaghetti and place on a large serving plate.
- Stir in the remaining butter and garlic. Pour the tomato sauce over the spaghetti and arrange the two lobster halves in the center.
- Sprinkle all over with parsley and serve.