Selfadvocatenet.com: Recipe for the Month of September
Preparation 10 mins
Cooking 20 mins
Penne with Salmon
A 30 minute meal that feels like a real treat. From just six basic ingredients you can whip up this comfortingly creamy and yet deliciously fresh tasting dish.
The recipe is also delicious made with prawns instead of salmon.
- 200g (6½oz) penne
- 225g (7oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 20g (¾oz) butter
- 100g (3½oz) frozen peas
- 100ml (3½fl oz) cream
- 1tbsp chopped chives
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, following the timing on the packet, or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, cut the salmon into bite-size pieces. Melt the butter in a medium-sized frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Add the salmon and peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and chives and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the salmon is cooked and the sauce is reduced slightly. Keep warm.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the saucepan. Pour over the sauce and stir gently. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide between two plates and serve immediately.
If using prawns, simply cook them from raw, in the same way as the salmon.
This is from website called House and Garden Recipies