- 200 g rice noodles
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 1 x 198 g tin of sweetcorn
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 handful of salted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes
- Soak the noodles in a large bowl of warm water for 20 minutes.
- Deseed and slice the peppers into strips, peel and finely slice the garlic and deseed and finely slice the chillies. Drain and rinse the sweetcorn. Trim and finely slice the spring onions, and roughly chop the peanuts.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, drain the noodles and add to the pan. Bring back to the boil and cook the noodles for a couple of minutes until soft. Drain the noodles and immerse in a bowl of cold water until you are ready to use them.In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then add the peppers, garlic and chillies and cook for a couple of minutes, or until the peppers soften slightly.
- Drain the noodles, stir in the contents of the frying pan, add the sweetcorn and spring onion, drizzle over the remaining oil and squeeze over the lime juice and mix well to coat.
- Scatter over the salted peanuts and season with black pepper.