Selfadvocatenet.com recipe for the Month of January Special Edition for New Years,2019
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1 cup white tequila, chilled
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, chilled
- ½ cup lime juice, plus 1 lime wedge
- ¼ cup Triple Sec
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (see Tip)
- Ice cubes
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish
- 1Sprinkle lime zest on a small plate and combine with salt (if using).
- 2Combine tequila, pomegranate juice, lime juice, Triple Sec and simple syrup in a pitcher.
- 3Rub the rims of 6 glasses with the lime wedge and dip in the zest (or zest-salt mixture). Fill the glasses with ice and top with about ½ cup margarita mixture each. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and lime, if desired.
- To make ahead: Cover and refrigerate the margarita mix (Step 2) for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To make your own simple syrup: Bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Let cool for 30 minutes and then refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour. Makes about 1½ cups.
This Recipe is on Eatingwell website go to the link click here