Self-Advocate Leadership of the Year Award
For Exemplary Advocacy Action
Presented by: BC People First Society
BCPF has opened nominations for our first ever Self-Advocate Leadership of the Year Award that will be announced at our Employment Conference for Self-Advocates on March 25, 2020.
About the Award
BC People First is proud to present our first Self-Advocate Leadership of the Year Award. In celebration of an individual who has shown exceptional leadership and knowledge throughout the 2019 year in the field of advocating for the rights of people labelled with an intellectual or developmental disability.
This award showcases the importance of advocacy and encourages all self-advocates to continue to lead and to be inspired. A winner will be selected following the decision process.
The winner will be announced at BC People First’s Employment Conference & AGM on March 25, 2020.
The winner will receive a $200 honorarium award (to assist in their advocacy efforts) and a plaque.
The award Decision Committee – a group of delegates from different organizations in our field of work – will anonymously make their choice after reading submitted nominations.
Any Self-Advocate labelled with an intellectual disability living in British Columbia is eligible for this award after being nominated by a peer, colleague, or support worker.
- The nominee must have completed self-advocacy related work throughout the past year and must be a resident of British Columbia. For example: presentations to community groups or government panels about ways they can help – or – expressing their housing, transportation, or mobility needs to support staff, family, or government officials – or – protesting for change – or – writing letters or talking to the press about issues that need awareness – or – other forms of advocacy work.
- The nominator must ensure that the nomination form is completed in full.
- The nomination will be judged based on the answers provided on this form.
- Completed nominations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Thursday, February 27, 2020 to be considered.
- They can also be mailed to our mailing address below but must be received by February 26, 2020.
- A Nomination Checklist is provided below as guidance for completing this form.
This On BC People First website go to the link here