- 1 lb small raw shrimp (I buy the shelled and de-veined)
- 3 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 C chopped onions
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 1 t salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 C chicken stock
- 4-5 t minced garlic
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 medium zucchini (1 per serving 200 g each) or 8 oz dry whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- I start by chopping all the veggies and herbs to have it all ready. This dish goes pretty quick and you don’t want to over cook anything.
- Use either a mandolin, or zoodle maker to get your zoodles ready and set aside (raw).
- Boil your pasta noodles, if you are making them, according to package directions.
- While they are cooking, heat a large skillet on medium and add your 1 T olive oil.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and saute until tender. About 5 minutes.
- Once they get to this point, add in the garlic and herbs and butter. Cook for about 1 minute just until you can smell the garlic and the butter is melted. Then add in the chicken broth, salt and pepper and give everything a good stir.
- Next add in your peeled raw shrimp.
- The shrimp only need 4-5 minutes to cook so just toss it around with the sauce for a few minutes until they are all pink and you are good to go for the sauce.
- Now at this point I spoon out a quarter of the scampi into another small warm frying pan and dump the zucchini noodles in with it and toss them together for just 2-3 more minutes for my serving. You don’t want the zucchini noodles to get cooked until they are too soft and they cook super fast. If you are doing zoodles for everyone, then take all your zoodles and just dump them in with the scampi and toss together for 1-2 minutes and turn the heat off.
- If you are doing pasta for the rest of your family, drain your pasta noodles and toss those with the rest of the scampi in the sauce pan.
- Now you are ready to plate up your dish and top with Parmesan cheese. It’s also good with lots of black or red pepper!
Macros: Calories 262; Fat 12; Carbs 11; Protein 29 Incudes 1 T of Parmesan Cheese for each serving and 1 medium zucchini made into noodles.
This is on website called Chocolate Salad go to the link click here