Recipe for Month of October : Theme is Thanksgiving in Canada
Stuffed Turkey Breasts with Butternut Squash and Figs is a wonderful Fall dish.
Turkey tenderloins are stuffed with sauteed butternut squash, spinach and figs, a meal-in-one with savory and sweet flavors. Figs are seasonal, so if you can’t find them, you could use another fruit such as pears or even apples.
- 2 boneless turkey tenderloins (1 lb total)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (diamond crystal)
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 small (1/3 cup) white onion, chopped
- (6 oz) 1 1/4 cups diced butternut squash, 1/2inch dice
- 5 black mission figs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 sage leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- cooking twine – 6 to 8 pieces
- cooking spray
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Add onions and sauté for two minutes, or until golden.
- Add butternut squash and 2 tablespoons water and cover; cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and add figs, garlic, spinach, salt, sage, and pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cut a pocket into the sides of the tenderloins, careful not to cut all the way through at the ends.
- Season the inside and outside of the turkey with salt.
- Stuff each turkey breast with about 3/4 cup of squash mixture.
- Cut cooking twine long enough to tie each breast with 3 to 4 pieces of twine. Cut off extra twine.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In the skillet over medium-high heat, lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Carefully sear each turkey breast on each side (3 sides.
- Don’t sear on stuff end.) If your skillet is oven-safe, cover with foil and place in the center of the oven (If not, then transfer to baking dish and cover with foil), place directly into oven and cook for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Allow to sit 5 minutes before cutting off twine and slicing each turkey breast in 4 slices.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 2 slices
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 2
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 258
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Sodium: 878mg
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 22g
Website this Recipe want more recipes go to site called Skinny Taste