Attention Self Advocates!
Do you care about people taking control of their lives? Do you think planning for the life you want is important?
The Empowering Self Advocates to Take Action Co-operative is Hiring Self advocates to lead People Planning Together Workshops!
Locations: Vancouver and Lower mainland, Nanaimo, Courtenay, Kelowna, Prince George
More information and How to apply
This role would be a good fit for you if you are:
- living in or close to one of the communities above
- interested in person-centred planning and self-determination
- comfortable speaking in front of groups
- open-minded and respectful of different ideas
- someone who works well with a team
- comfortable with change
- positive and encouraging of others
- available to present in the late afternoon, evening or weekend
- able to attend presenter training in Vancouver September 19-21, 2018 What kind of support would be available? You will receive 2 day presenter training in Vancouver.
- You will have a presenter partner, speaking notes, and the chance to practice and improve the workshop with your partner.How much $$ will I get paid? If you are selected to be a People Planning Together presenter you will be paid a daily rate and travel expenses covered. You will be expected to lead one 2 day workshop in 2018/2019.
The training is not paid, but travel and expenses to Vancouver are covered.How do I Apply: Please send us one page or less in writing, or a video of you, or something else (like pictures), that tell us about your:
• Interest in being a part of ESATTA’s People Planning Together workshop training
• Experience planning for your life
• Your experience as an advocate (for yourself or others)
• What you’ve done before that shows your teamwork, & public speaking skills, and
• How we can contact you and who we can contact that can tell us about your experience
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is July 23rd, 2018
Questions? Contact Self Advocate Advisor, Jessica Humphrey- 778-679-2691
- What is People Planning Together? This workshop is for people experiencing disabilities who are interested in taking a leadership role in planning a life they desire.
- This workshop is facilitated by people who experience disabilities and are trained by The Learning Community for Person Centered Practices.People Planning Together is a class for people with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilites to learn to take a leadership role in their planning and their life.