- Self Advocates Nanaimo (SAN) was formed with support of Nanaimo Supporting Advocates in Leadership in 2014.
- SAN is an important platform for people with diversabilities to have a voice and to learn how to take positive action towards the issues presented.
- SAN provides opportunities for advocacy, mentorship, education and community building.
- Recently, SAN was involved in a documentary “Food, Fun and Advocacy” which premiered in Nanaimo to over 300 people.
- SAN members have been invited to present their film and their stories to a number of community organizations in Nanaimo and Mid Vancouver Island.
- Their goal is to present their film at the Inclusion BC Conference in Victoria, May 23-25, 2019.
- The members of SAN are raising funds for their participation at the conference through presentation honorariums
- and other fundraising projects such as “Bottles for SAN” ~ See Poster Below
- The Self Advocates of Nanaimo are available to present their video “Food, Fun & Advocacy” and their stories to organizations in and around Nanaimo.
- Please contact 250-753-1907 or send us a message for details.
Video “Food, Fun & Advocacy”
Dates and Times of self-advocates of Nanaimo Meetings
Self-advocates of Nanaimo have a Facebook Page as well
The members of SAN are available to present their video “Food, Fun & Advocacy” and share their stories to organizations in and around Nanaimo.
Please contact 250-753-1907