SELFADVOCATENET.COM RECIPE OF MONTH NOVEMBER
- 40 m
- 8 ounces tuna steak, cut into 3 pieces
- ¼ cup chopped green olives
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 ounces whole-wheat gobbetti, rotini or penne pasta
- 1 10-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high. Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- 2Toss tuna pieces in a bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or ½ teaspoon dried), ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Grill the tuna until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. When cool enough to handle, flake the tuna into bite-size pieces.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- 4Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add artichoke hearts, olives, garlic and the remaining rosemary.
- Cook, stirring, until the garlic is just beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and wine; bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are broken down and the wine has reduced slightly, about 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the pasta, tuna pieces, lemon juice and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt; cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with basil (or parsley), if desired.
Website from Eatwell click here