Hosted by: PLAN Institute
Date: November 8th, 2018 10:00AM – 12:00noon
Location: Plan Institute Office, 312 Main Street, Vancouver (Click for map)
Fee: 1 seat $65, 2 seats $90 (Register online) *Price includes accompanying worksheets and power point presentations.
About the workshop:
Becoming well-informed about wills, trusts and estate planning is necessary to secure the financial future of your loved one with a disability. In this workshop, estate-planning attorney Halldor Bjarnason & Ken Kramer explain how to arrange your estate, prepare a will, and the various ins and outs of setting up a trust specifically for your relative or loved-one with a disability.
This course is hosted as a small group session where specific individual questions are answered. Each session is co-facilitated by one of our partner attorneys, along with a PLAN parent.
This workshop will provide participants with practical information on the following topics:
- Why and how to write and update a will when there is a family member with a disability
- Ways in which to ensure your loved one with a disability is protected when family passes away
- The types of trusts available for people with disabilities, including the differences between discretionary and Non-discretionary, Testamentary and Inter-vivos
- The various tax rates differences between Trusts, including recent federal changes, and their implications
- The roles and responsibilities of Executors and Trustees
- Tips for finding the right lawyer for you and your family
For more information please email email@example.com or call 604-439-9566.