Hosted by: Delta Community Living Society and PLAN Institute
Date: October 4th, 2018 6:30PM – 8:30PM
Location: DCLS Office, 4917 Delta Street, Delta (Click for map)
Registration Fee: $5 for guests, $20 for Professionals (Register online)
October is Community Living Month – Delta Community Living Society is pleased to offer a series of workshops specifically for families with a relative with autism or a developmental disability. These workshops will focus on some of the important things to consider for your loved one as you plan for the future.
Plan Institute’s Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning Workshop
Becoming well-informed about wills, trusts and estate planning is necessary to secure the financial future of your loved one with a disability. In this workshop, estate-planning attorney Ken Kramer, along with a PLAN parent, Laurie Geschke, explain how to arrange your estate, prepare a will, and the various ins and outs of setting up a trust specifically for your relative or loved one with a disability. This workshop will provide participants with practical information on the following topics:
- Why and how to write and update a will when there is a family member with a disability
- Ways in which to ensure your loved one with a disability is protected when family passes away
- The types of trusts available for people with disabilities, including the differences between Discretionary and Non-discretionary, Testamentary and Inter-Vivos
- The various tax rates differences between Trusts, including recent federal changes, and their implications
- The roles and responsibilities of Executors and Trustees
- Tips for finding the right lawyer for you and your family
If you would like more information on this workshop contact Si Stainton, Family Services Manager at 604-952-6490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.