Selfadvocatenet.com Fall Bounce recipe for Month of September,2019
These Zucchini Noodles with Teriyaki Chicken are an easy keto dinner recipe with all the flavors of your favorite takeout dish.
This Asian-inspired recipe is low carb, sugar free and ready in only 30 minutes!
Looking for some ways to use up that garden zucchini? If you don’t feel like whipping up a zucchini pizza crust or some zucchini cookies, it’s oodles of zoodles to the rescue. We are big fans of spiralized zucchini noodles since they are a tasty low carb and paleo friendly way to satisfy that noodle craving.
These Zucchini Noodles with Teriyaki Chicken come together quickly in just one pan in under 30 minutes. Quick and easy dinners are a life-saver for those days when you just don’t have a ton of time. Dishes are my least favorite chore so I love when recipes are made in just one pan.
Plus this zucchini noodle stir fry has all those favorite flavors of the classic teriyaki chicken but it’s low carb, keto and Whole30 compliant.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
TERIYAKI SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
Many authentic Teriyaki Sauce recipes call for soy sauce, Mirin, honey OR brown sugar, garlic and ginger. For this Whole30 teriyaki sauce, we’re going to use:
- coconut aminos
- apple cider vinegar
- sesame oil
- minced garlic
- grated ginger
- golden monk fruit sweetener OR pineapple juice for Whole30
- black pepper
- OPTIONAL: xanthan gum OR arrowroot starch (for Whole30) to thicken the sauce
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI SAUCE:
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl or a jar and whisk or shake until combined. Then when you’re ready to use it, simply add it to your zucchini stir-fry and allow it to bubble and thicken up.
- You can also make your sauce ahead of time and use it for baked teriyaki chicken or teriyaki salmon. Just add the ingredients to a medium pot and bring it to a gentle simmer, while occasionally whisking. Once the sauce thickens, remove from heat and pour over your cooked protein. To save your sauce for later, allow it to cool and store it in a resealable jar in the fridge.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ZUCCHINI STIR FRY:
- 2 medium zucchini – you can use a vegetable peeler or a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles
- boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- avocado oil or olive oil
HOW TO SPIRALIZE ZUCCHINI WITH OR WITHOUT A SPIRALIZER:
Don’t have a fancy spiralizer? Here are some ways you can still make zoodles or zucchini noodles even if you don’t own a handheld spiralizer:
- vegetable peeler
- mandolin slicer
- use a grater
CAN ZUCCHINI NOODLES BE MADE AHEAD?
Yes! The great thing about raw zucchini noodles is that you can spiralize them ahead of time on your meal prep day and store them in an zip-top freezer bag in the fridge or the freezer until you’re ready to cook or eat them.
DO YOU NEED TO COOK ZUCCHINI NOODLES?
No, I love raw zucchini noodles in salads like my Asian Zucchini Noodle Salad and for stir-fries, I like to them just warm so I cook them for just 1-2 minutes so that they retain that nice bite or crunch.
DO ZUCCHINI NOODLES HAVE CARBS?
The nutritional info for 1 serving of this zucchini stir fry with chicken is:
- 205 calories
- 7g Net Carbs = 9g Total Carbs – 2g Fiber
- 19g Protein
- 10g Fat
This recipe is on website called Life Made Sweeter go to their website click here